Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chain Reaction Shopping

We made 3 major purchases this past weekend.


We had to breakdown and purchase some new cutlery.
We had our old set for 20 years, that's pretty good.
Most of the spoons now reside in the cafeteria garbage, consequently
I was eating yogurt with a camping spork last week. I have even borrowed
spoons from the neighbour recently to have company for chili Saturday.

Everyone is going to be happy with this purchase!

I bought underwear. Perhaps the biggest purchase over the 3 days of shopping.
I don't buy underwear. Having to do so makes me irate actually. I needed some however and I had a gift card so I hit the mall. Don't let the teeny tiny bag fool you. There is some serious underwear inside.

Our first 2 purchases led to this purchase. I can't help but think that if I avoided purchase #1 I would not be so discouraged by purchase #2.  None the less #3 might be the most important purchase. I used to walk an hour everyday, I used to do a job that had me on my feet burning 1200 calories. Now I walk to the car - from the car to my desk where I collect calories not expend them.

Gratitude today to Michael who got fed up with eating cereal with a fork, believes in new underwear and has faith in my commitment to improving my health. (or my guilt -time will tell)

Gratitude, Hope and Smiles are meant to be shared.

Michelle