It started out as an idea to brighten someone's day by paying for the person behind you in the drive thru coffee line. If you have been a random recipient are you still smiling? Have you returned the favour and Paid it Forward? If you were the person who Paid, are you still feeling great?
I love Pay it Forward Friday! Thank you to Neil Hedley for giving it a #PIFF for tweeters (that's right, right? or is it Twits? I swear I'll never fully understand the media) The tag challenges one another to #PIFF.
One way I like to Pay it Forward (beyond the intention of the movement is to list all the great ways I have seen people in the community doing good, paying it forward and making little differences in everyday life.
- 50 Teens 4 Christmas, Food Love & The $5 Project join forces (a special thanks to my friends who are helping with our contribution to this fabulous event)
- Gibson's Sound & Vision is recycling e-waste for Habitat for Humanity
- Uptown Waterloo Oktoberfest & Kix 106 Oktoberfest breakfast is collecting for the Waterloo Region Food Bank. Along with area school, Firehalls, grocery stores, and the Parade.
- United Way fundraisers are happening all over the Region
- An entire office has a Blood Donation clinic booked in support of a co-worker battling Cancer
- Temperatures are dropping, people are collecting coats, hats & mitts
- STIMMA is collecting basic medial and personal items for an upcoming mission
I am sure there are 100 other projects of community do-good going on. If I missed your event, if you know of something that deserves a mention please let me know!
Have a great Friday everyone. Support the efforts of community do-gooding and do some good yourself. Pay it forward in that drive thru line, hold a door, stick you change in the donation can, let someone have your parking spot, give a stranger flowers...do-good. I promise that warm fuzzy feeling will follow you all day!