Wednesday, February 9, 2011

If You Need Me I'll Be Counting My Blessings

Gratitude slapped me in the face first thing this morning. I stumbled out of bed like usual and into the bathroom. On my way downstairs to start the coffee for my still snoring Michael I was greeted with the warm scent of nutmeg and pumpkin, mmmmm. For a moment I thought some breakfast fairy had left fresh muffins for me. Then I turned the corner into the living room and immediately remembered that we burned the pizza last night. My heart stopped for what seemed like an hour. There in the corner was the warm glow of a scented candle.

My mother always professes that God watches over children and fools. Thank goodness for that because our home was filled with children and evidently a fool was in the position of responsibility.

Grateful is a pretty insufficient emotion in this case.