To be quite honest up until this very week I thought that a 'blue moon' was a not real thing. I believed it was one of those anomalies parents and grandparents made up to quantify their level of astonishment when a child performed some amazing random feat of the unexpected; like putting dishes in the dishwasher or taking the garbage out un-nagged. Those things are the stuff of parental urban legend!
You can imagine my excitement to learn (via the power of facebook news) that a Blue Moon is an actual thing, an event, a scientific possibility! It happens tonight and this is going to be the best day of my life (if you don't count those ones when I got married and had babies and jazz)
I am expecting all of the following and then some...
- I will sleep though the night
- the kids will sleep through the night
- the dog will sleep-in in the morning
- somebody else will get up and feed the dog if he doesn't
- Michael and I will go out on like a real live date
- we will eat somewhere that doesn't serve slaw or present a 'treasure box' with the bill.
- I will buy groceries and they will cost less than $200
- I will bring said groceries home and the kids will unload the van and help put things away.
- the laundry will be caught up
- and put away
- my in laws will visit
- my brother will call
- I will have awesome hair
- there will be time for a full leg shave not just to the knee
- I will control the remote
- time will present itself for novel reading
- kids will brush and floss without being reminded
Enjoy your 'Blue Moon' and all the possibilities it holds for you. What is the one thing you hope comes with the second full moon of the month of August? (it really is a phenomenon, one that will not occur again until 2015)
Happy Friday everyone...Gratitude, Hope & Smiles are meant to be shared!