Saturday, April 9, 2011

How Did We Get Here?

Every once in a while I pull into the driveway, switch off the engine, reach for the door handle, glance up at the house and think; How did I get here? I don't mean How did I get here, as in the grand cosmic-esk question of existence and praise of good fortune. I mean "How did I get here? I don't remember the stop lights, the left turn, right turn, left turn. I don't remember my daily romantic traffic interlude with Audi-man. I'm not even sure if I obeyed road rules and speed limits." This is when I check my rear-view for the officer who must be pulled in behind me blocking my escape route.

This really does happen and not just to me! A great number of people arrive home daily via 'autopilot'.
Knowing we share the road is not comforting.

So when I have those moments I realize that my mind must have been on things more complicated than driving. Issues related to the cosmic-esk version of the question "How did i get here?"

I opened a drawer the other day and found a tiny picture. It stopped me in my tracks. It occurred to me that the 'arrival' phenomenon is not exclusive to driving in my life. This is what I found...(I've paired it with it's current counter part)
KJ then & now

I starred at it and asked the cosmic-esk version of the question "How did we get here?"
A word of caution, you may want to avoid the roads in the area where I live. I still have places to go but as you can probably figure out from the picture, I have alot on my mind and none of it is about driving. I'll be trying to remember the details of our journey.


Spend some moment everyday in reflection of gratitude and happiness. Even if the time found is standing in line for coffee...use is wisely.


Michelle


Did this post brighten your day? make you smile? If so I'd be ever so grateful if you shared it on Facebook or Twitter. Someone else might be in need of a smile - Thanks!