Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday's Example of Domestic Bliss #3


Every weekday morning at 5:34 am I drag my kiester out of bed. When I tell people what time I get up they say "Why the heck do you get up that early?" (secretly I wonder "doesn't everybody?") I explain... I get up that early to get everyone else's day started. I brew the coffee and check my mail, I ensure clean underwear and matching socks are at the ready for E-man. I watch the clock to avert teenage sleep-in, which in turn insures they achieve maximum bathroom time and minimized AM stress (for EVERYONE!)

And I make lunches. 4 lunches...5 days a week for as long as people have been eating lunches in this house. Noboby is ever really happy with everything I pack. Most days I come home and find a refused banana, an undesired muffin, an apple or disdained juice box in the place where I lay out the lunches for packing.

I guess today I really missed the mark...a whole lunch left behind!  After checking to make sure Lula actually left the house today, I salvaged what wouldn't be harboring the threat of food born illness.

Thank you Lula for making ME lunch today...I hope you're enjoying your french fries!


Spend some moment everyday in reflection of gratitude and happiness. Even if the time found is standing in line for coffee...use is wisely.


Michelle


Did this post brighten your day? make you smile? If so I'd be ever so grateful if you shared it on Facebook or Twitter. Someone else might be in need of a smile - Thanks!