Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday's Example of Domestic Bliss #2


Maybe you will look at this picture and think "is it International Chocolate Cake Day again?" Sorry to disappoint, that glorious observance only comes once a year.

What you see does however bring as much joy to my family as International Chocolate Cake Day. It's a finished cake The inside is vanilla and chocolate cake layered with creamy chocolate filling. It's a cake for a mentally challenged senior whose greatest joy are two yellow tennis balls. That is not what makes my family joyful.

Remember I said it was a finished cake? It's the finished part that they are grateful for. I love to make cakes, I love to decorate them. I am however a wee bit of a perfectionist and the very thing that I love to do also pops a spring in my head and I go a little bazerk.

Just ask them, they will all tell you there is nothing worse than the hours while I am working on a cake. They will also tell you there is no finer moment to be grateful for then when that finished cake hits a box!



Spend some moment everyday in reflection of gratitude and happiness. Even if the time found is standing in line for coffee...use is wisely.

Michelle

Did this post brighten your day? make you smile? If so I'd be ever so grateful if you shared it on Facebook or Twitter. Someone else might be in need of a smile - Thanks!